ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[6.3]Jun07

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[6.3]Jun07
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:09:16 -0700 (PDT)

Sights&Sounds has been gracefully subjugated to the plentitud of names,
times, dates and event details discovered by the minute on myspace.com.
Hence, it has slowed in it's weekly dissemination. Though the list maintains
breath, its purpose to inform of our daily artistic and musical surroundings
has been met, though with some limitations. Hopefully the recievers have had
their interests met as well as attaining expanded knowledge and enjoyment
about the funky going-ons around town and elsewhere in the globe. Same time
next week?

Thursday - 6/14 - Daliami - Serious electro funkiness for Little Friday.
People here are known more for dancing than the 'stand and look'. Music by
Keith. 11p. Mosaic, 517 W. Jones St., Midtown Raleigh -
www.myspace.com/keithmward

Friday - 6/15 - dJ Castro - This night one of the Neu Romance crew soley
brings the heat with classic and progressive funk. And I think he even uses
those big round black plastic discs too! 10p. Riviera, 135 S. Wilmington
St., Downtown Raleigh - www.myspace.com/shauncastro &
www.myspace.com/riviera_resto

Friday - 6/15 and Satuday 6/16 - Douga Douga x 2 - Who wouldn't be hyped
after being mentioned in the Washington Post?
(www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/12/AR2007061201851.htmlYou)
But that won't swell the head since what swells is crowd on the dancefloor,
the patio and in the Casbah room. No flip flops allowed but that's no cause
for attitude since we all want is champagne sangria and to feel
sophisticated. In Raleigh. Music by Keith. 11p. Mosaic Wine Lounge, 517
W. Jones St, Midtown Raleigh - www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Saturday - 6/16 - FAME: Luau - Hawaii comes home for the weekend. It also
brings coconut bras, bikinis and limbo in the jiggly context of bangin' house
and tropical sips. Music by LeMoore. 10p. Ringside, 308 W. Main St.,
Downtown Durham

Saturday - 6/16 - dJ Romaric - The former don of hot sweaty nights at the
Red Room moves the party downtown. Bangin' Euro house beats. 10p. Riviera,
135 S. Wilmington St., Downtown Raleigh - www.myspace.com/romaric &
www.myspace.com/riviera_resto

Also happening:
) -
Thu - 6/14 - dJ Madcow (soul n house) @ Riviera (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/freakoamerican
Thu - 6/14 - 6/17 - Bonaroo Music Festival (Manchester, TN) -
www.bonnaroo.com
Thu - 6/14 - Avatar (international/house) @ Mosquito (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/14 - Open Mic @ Aries (Raleigh) - www.myspace.com/arieslounge
Thu - 6/14 - The Real Return w/dJs Joe Bunn & MarkT (hiphop/R&B) @ Bogarts
(Raleigh)

Thu - 6/14 - Soul Psychedelique @ Oliver Twist (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/soulpsychedelique
Thu - 6/14 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com
) -
Thu - 6/14 - Electronic Bliss (electronic dance night) @ Talullas (Chapel
Hill)

Thu - 6/14 - 6/17 - Art Basel - (Basel, Switzerland) -
www.art.ch/go/id/ss/lang/eng
Thu - 6/14 - Venice Biennale Opening (Venice, Italy) - www.labiennale.org/en
Thu - 6/14 - Sasha @ Cielo (NYC) - www.cieloclub.com/flyer/2007/june/sasha/
Thu - 6/14 - 6/16 - Sonar Festival (BCN, Spain) -
www.sonar.es/portal/eng/home.cfm
Thu - 6/14 - Ian Friday & Osunlade @ Sapphire Lounge (NYC) -
www.myspace.com/afromosaicsoul
Fri - 6/15 - Electrosole w/Keith (lounge/house), 6p-10p @ Red Room
(Raleigh)
Fri - 6/15 - dJ Marco (funk n' soul) @ 305 South (Durham) -
www.myspace.com/soulmarcosa
Fri - 6/15 - 7/31 - Icons and Angels (dance) @ Through This Lens Gallery
(Durham) - http://throughthislens.com
Fri - 6/15 - Kiss n Grind (LA) - www.vikterduplaix.com/kiss.html
Sat - 6/16 - Costamundo w/Keith (lounge/house), 6p-10p @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Sat - 6/16 - dJ Romaric (house) @ Riviera (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/romaric
Sat - 6/16 - L in Japanese @ Cats Cradle (Carrboro) -
www.myspace.com/linjapanesemusic
Sat - 6/16 - Ebb & Flow w/Dae (downtempo/house) @ Alivias Durham Bistro
(Durham) - www.aliviasdurhambistro.com
Sat - 6/16 - Battle of the DJs @ Talullas (Chapel Hill) -
www.trianglefiesta.com
Sat - 6/16 - 9/23 - Documenta (Kassel, Germany) -
www.documenta12.de/aktuelles.html?&L=1
Sun - 6/17 - Sacred Rhythm w/Joe Claussell @ LOVE (NYC) -
www.musicislove.net/jun17.html
Tue - 6/19 - ElectroBistro (djs - electronic) @ Fuse (Chapel Hill)

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.