ch-scene - Fwd: :-)=> Calendar Update!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "charlie st.clair" <nightlightbooking AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fwd: :-)=> Calendar Update!
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:24:55 -0400

**THIS WEEK AT THE NIGHTLIGHT**

WEDNESDAY June 6th

Ear Pwr - Wet and Wild Jump N Shout Alien Space-Hop
Google Earth - 8Bit Wildness with Four Drummers!!
Juiceboxxxx - Club Thrash Rap
Adventure - Synthesizer Weirdo With Futuristic Get-up

Four of those Wild Weird Bands that you know Nightlight brings from
the woodwork. So I know, there are other really good shows in town,
but let me break it down for you - why you should come to Nightlight.

1. Cheaper than some by 50%!!!!
2. Smoke-Free Environs!
3. Relaxed attitude towards unconventional means of personal expression!
4. Most Affordable Drink Prices Ever!!
5. The Bands!!!!!

FRIDAY JUNE 8th-

Juan Huevos / Locks / The Whaling Arts 10 PM $5
This is a weird amalgamation of stuff, loosely grouped together under
the collective banner of "modern and hip" or possibly "cross-dressers
delight". The Whaling Arts is proggy, kinda froggy, guitar drums duo
featuring Dave Heller and Rob Koegler (used to be "cheap heat"). Locks
from Chicago feature Patrick and Theo who have played in Weather, a
band with Roby from MileMarker and the Coughs. I know for a fact that
when they aren't doing Locks or Larks, Patrick is a sound engineer for
Subtle, and they have good senses of humor, and they watch good
movies. Their music is a deep blend of melodica, keyboards, drums,
and guitar and samples of rhymes and chimes. Juan Huevos is the most
ridiculous white-boy rap imaginable. We are are looking forward to
whatever new dance and beats he will introduce judging by the last
time he played and he did some round the leg, arms in the air hoorah!

Saturday June 9th

*SONS / Sparta Philharmonic / Jonathan Badger / A is Jump
This is a night featuring at any moment the possibility of classically
psyche-pop moments, rhythmic "modern" rock, post-punk, lo or hi-fi,
acoustic, shoegaze, no-gaze, retro, futuro. Sparta Philharmonic and
Jonathan Badger are from D.C. area!!! A is Jump have been playing
together for a long time, but just now bringing their style to us for
the real.

Coming up: Kevin Shields, Joshua Abbot, Boyzone and Scotty Irving of
Clang Quartet's 40th birthday party!

Love,
Charlie, Alex & Nightlight

--
NIGHTLIGHT BAR & CLUB
405 1/2 Rosemary St

  • Fwd: :-)=> Calendar Update!, charlie st.clair, 06/06/2007