ch-scene - Artsplosure heads up for next weekend

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Matt T." <matt.thayer AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Artsplosure heads up for next weekend
  • Date: 13 May 2007 09:57:26 -0700

great variety of outdoor music next weekend in moore square, raleigh
dt:

http://www.artsplosure.org/artsplosure2007/music.htm

mini nola jazz fest on saturday with:

ivan neville's dumpstaphunk (sorta like the meters) and

zydeco's terence simien...... (the first time i saw a zydeco band,
rockin dopsie and the zydeco twisters at an outdoor festival in
Atlanta, i was in awe, an athen's music geek just beggining to
realize a big world is out there and just a few states away....
rcokin dopsie wandered the crowd after his set and when i got my
poster signed, i asked him what zydeco meant ( i was that naive), he
said it was just a feelin'..... a great musical memory for me....

and a few bands from NYC that caught me off guard, some great sounding
world beat on sunday:

http://www.myspace.com/missiononmars
trippy world beat

http://www.myspace.com/groovecollective
latin jazzy funk

and based on the Local 506 discussion in the indy week, this is the
perfect show for us too old to care about checking deerhunter on a
smokey dancefloor at 12:30 on a tuesday night : )

  • Artsplosure heads up for next weekend, Matt T., 05/13/2007