ch-scene - Duke Coffeehouse

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Gorman <goylemjax AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Duke Coffeehouse
  • Date: 26 Apr 2007 07:56:37 -0700

I've yet to go to DCHQ, but what are the dimensions like and how does
it sound in there?

Also, to whoever has a hand in the Duke Coffeehouse, please keep
having shows there. I realize as the summer hits, it'll be dead, but
it's one of my fave places to see shows, the sound is usually cool,
depending more on who's running the boards than the sound system
itself & the BYOB policy totally rox.

While Chapel Hill/Carrboro has the leg up on shows, at least nat'l/
int'l touring bands, Durham has promise.

Also, have they kept that ancient chesnut on the books about not
having any place that serves alcohol within a 100 yrds or so of a
church?

  • Duke Coffeehouse, Gorman, 04/26/2007