ch-scene - Diversions 3/8

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Diversions 3/8
  • Date: 6 Mar 2007 21:24:11 -0800

Hello again,

We've got one more Dive before we take a week off to head for sandy
shores and colorful cocktails.

This week, we offer news-you-can-use with the cover, a guide to
disaster prevention, of the Spring Break Shark Attack kind. All the
info you need on how to avoid a shark attack over spring break, broken
up by vacation destination.

Inside, we've got a column on the merits of Hong Kong cinema, a nice
shot of Red Collar at their CD release show in Durham last Friday, and
a Q&A with Athens, Ga. rock trio The Whigs (who are playing at local
506 this Friday).

We've got a review of the top-grossing movie in America, "Wild Hogs."
What does that say about the American public?

Music-wsie, check out reviews of The Arcade Fire's new record, Neon
Bible, and Rjd2's latest, The Third Hand. Plus shorter takes on new
releases from !!!, Chimaira, Papercuts, Emmure, The Showdown, Cortney
Tidwell, Gilbert Neal, Assembly of Dust and Fulton Lights.

Check it out in the Daily Tar Heel on Thursday, or online at
http://www.dailytarheel.com.

And don't forget we;ve got frequent updates with all sorts of fun
content on the Diversions blog (http://apps.dailytarheel.com/blogs/
dive)

Well, that's all I've got for now.

Have a great weekend...and a great spring break, if applicable.

<3

Bryan from Dive

  • Diversions 3/8, breed, 03/07/2007