ch-scene - Re: Arcade Fire on SNL

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Doug Sutton <creeksidedls AT mindspring.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Arcade Fire on SNL
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:24:03 -0500 (EST)

-----Original Message-----
>From: a rooster for the masses <adam AT aroosterforthemasses.com>
>Subject: Re: Arcade Fire on SNL
>
>Why no triangle date??? Puzzling??? Any Merge folks care to comment???

I don't work for Merge, but I was told that an effort was made to set up a
Greensboro date, but they didn't want to play there. Guess the Arcade Fire
haven't received the memo that G'boro is "hip" now. The ideal sized venue
for a show here would be Memorial Auditorium in Raleigh, but apparently it
was booked with one of the wonderful Broadway shows that play there.