ch-scene - Husker Du "Zen Arcade" has aged remarkably well.

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "DJ Golf" <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Husker Du "Zen Arcade" has aged remarkably well.
  • Date: 19 Feb 2007 12:10:52 -0800

Just wanted to point that out. Sounds as vital and relevant as it did
in '84.

"Factories left unattended, crumbling to the ground
We tried to keep them running, but there's no more oil around
We used it all to fight a war that neither side could win
Vietnam was Little League compared to where we've been

Now we live in caves and huts, and we don't have pay TV
And everyone is signing up for the newest industry
Standard Oil goes solar power, all try to make a buck
So I'll sit around and smoke cigarettes, and I'll babble 'What the
fuck'"

  • Husker Du "Zen Arcade" has aged remarkably well., DJ Golf, 02/19/2007