ch-scene - Re: Kings/Raleigh Music Hall

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jason M Sullivan <jason AT ignatz.nc.rr.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kings/Raleigh Music Hall
  • Date: 14 Feb 2007 20:25:38 GMT

On 2007-02-14, Rawls nospam <rawlsnospam AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Grady wrote:
>
>> What amazes me is that this is all happening under
>> > the leadership of a
>> > supposed progressive/liberal/whatever mayor.
>

> Can't have decent live music venues AND an LED lit city I guess....
> http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/14/raleigh-officials-envision-worlds-first-led-lit-city/

Geebus people. _How_ many times has the Cradle moved? Like, five, right?
I can't speak to all the Cradle moves, but I bet "loosing the lease due to
development" figures in at least one or two. I mean, it's a shame that so
many people are interesting in doing stuff downtown that there's actually
something resembling a nightlife there, begetting people interested in
increasing the population density, or at the very least building a few
taller buildings. Really, I'm torn up about this.

I think it's a great sign that they didn't have to close because of lack of
interest personally. You'd think that was the reason from all the talk.
The website for Kings says they're _actively_looking_ for a new place. I
take that to mean they haven't given up, so I don't think I will just yet.
Best thing folks like us can do is pack the shows and drink the bar dry
every night until they're thrown out so that they have a decent deposit on
a new place.

Or am I going to have to listen to two months of carping about how long the
drive to Raleigh is? (excepting from Rawls, who always seems to be out and
about in Raleigh)

PS: LEDs rock your face, trust me on this.

--
//)) Jason M. SULLIVAN jsullivan AT nc.rr.com
|c-oo http://www.jason0x21.org
//\_- "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries