ch-scene - Re: This just in - you can waste hours on YouTube

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeff Hart" <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: This just in - you can waste hours on YouTube
  • Date: 11 Feb 2007 09:05:46 -0800

i haven't been down there since 2000, but far as i know it's still
only johnson-lambe sporting goods in that basement. i did go there in
december '06 to get a batting glove.

in 2000, one of the employees let me nose around beyon this door at
the bottom of the stairs. i could still see the outlines of the walls
of the cafe deja vu, the pier, the bear's den, etc. 3 clubs
underground. hard to believe we ever had that in raleigh. the murals
were still on the walls. the weirdest part was the broad stairway
which leads to the parking lot. it was bricked up at the top, so in
2000, it led to nowhere.

the whole space appeared to be sort of a storage area and carpentry
shop for the real estate managers. saw horses and wood were
everywhere.