ch-scene - Re: This just in - you can waste hours on YouTube

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Evan Rowe <evanrowe AT fastmail.fm>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: This just in - you can waste hours on YouTube
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:21:50 -0500

The Jesus Lizard clip in question. In which David Wm. Sims looks like he might kill someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu9lUbf5GQ0

grady wrote:
Hello! Marty! Links, please?

I mean, I'll go lookin' for these things myself, since it'd take you just as much time to go back & find them, but c'mon, next time, share the love . . .

xo

Ross

DJ Golf wrote:
I continue to be astounded at the number of obscure and fascinating
music clips available for viewing on YouTube. Clips from 1970's/80's
European TV shows (Musikladen et al.) are particularly plentiful.
Last night I watched several songs from a 1973 Roxy Music performance
- the original lineup with Eno on synthesizers doing Remake/Remodel,
In Every Dream Home A Heartache (that was particularly good, with mind-
bending Manzanera gtr solo), Virginia Plain, Do The Strand etc. Also
found several "Metal-Box"-era PiL clips (they seemed to be quite
prolific on UK TV then, no doubt due to Lydon's celebrity/notoriety),
some Can, lots of Joy Division, a bunch of US indie-noise stuff
(there's an unbelievable clip of Jesus Lizard live where David Yow is
knocked unconscious by a bottle thrown from the crowd) and really late
the other night I found something I hadn't thought of in years...Kiss
on The Midnight Special 1975, which at the time may have been the
coolest thing I (at age 14) had ever seen. Finally - the Internet
delivers what I've always wanted it to.