ch-scene - Re: LLC's

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Larry Karnowski" <larry AT hickorywind.org>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: LLC's
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 13:39:51 -0500

I'd recomend an LLC over a formal C corporation if you're a band.
However, unless y'all are gigging very regularly, this is your major
source of income, and you don't mind the extra tax forms you have to
fill out, I'd just get a joint checking account with the band's name
and the member's names. An LLC is an excellent way to track your
income (and you get some nifty tax deductions too) if you're a working
band, but otherwise it might be more headache than you want.

For example, my band plays once a month or so for peanuts, mostly as a
hobby for us. We'll most likely never incorporate.

Hope this helps,
Larry