ch-scene - weird scenes at the goodwill

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryk <chscene AT bryk.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: weird scenes at the goodwill
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:31:38 -0500

this morning i was shopping at the new Brier Creek GCF (why don't they just call it a @#$%& Goodwill like they do everywhere else?) and while i making my obligatory flip through the garish pile of $1.99 CDs, i started to sense the presence of multiple copies of the Ticonderoga record on 54ยบ40... actually i counted about eight of 'em. did someone get a tax write off for those? did someone making indie rock really need a tax write-off that badly to probably even take a loss against manufacturing costs?

Which makes me curious, what could you claim on a donation of an unsold ticonderoga CD? the 2 bucks they sell it for? in which case, i'm sure there are a few other people on here with a closet full of $2 deductions...

  • weird scenes at the goodwill, Bryk, 01/12/2007