ch-scene - Re: Cut some Acrylic?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: MattyH <DONT_SPAM_MEmfhedt AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Cut some Acrylic?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:29:47 GMT

I've got various electric hand saws you're welcome to borrow. I'd try a
fine-toothed blade on a jigsaw or reciprocating hand saw. You've got to
clamp the acrylic down so it doesn't vibrate, it will chip/break fairly
easily with power tools.

At a shop that works with it, I think they cut it and then put a torch
to it briefly which will clean up any scuffs and make it crystal clear.

-Matt
423-6733