ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[12.4]Dec06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[12.4]Dec06
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:35:35 -0800 (PST)

Wednesday - 12/20 - Intro - Tonight cool deep and tech house by the Windy
City's dJ Moca. (Sexymalexy). Additional sounds in electrofunk by Keith.
830ish to 11ish. Helios, 413 Glenwod Ave, Midtown Raleigh.

Wednesday to Saturday - 12/20 - ESL Celebrates 10 Years - Eighteenth Street
Lounge Music has left a huge mark on today's music meaning Federeico Aubele,
Joe Battan, Nickodemus, Nicola Conte, Thievery Corporation, Thunderall and
Ursula 1000. Thievery Corporation alone helped spark the advent of what has
now become downtempo and lounge music which ushered in the 'let's sit back,
relax and listen to this dj' era. At the same time the music label has also
expanded the musical horizons for the dancefloor and in live performance.
Without them perhaps we would be hanging out in not so overly cushioned rooms
with hemoglobin-hued curtains made of velvet or with intensely shadowed
candlelit walls, high-priced vodka and English fluttered with accents jumping
from the world map past the doorguy. Eighteenth Street Lounge (Wash, DC) -
http://www.rhythmandculture.com/flyers/10year_evite.jpg

Friday and Saturday - 12/22 & 12/23 - Gran Reserva and Douga Douga - More
and more amplified specks from the world map. Music by Feinberg (Friday)
and Keith (Saturday). Mosaic, 517 W. Jones St., Midtown Raleigh -
www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Also happening:
Wed - 12/20 - Live Band @ White Collar Crime 9 (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/whitecollarcrime