ch-scene - NIGHTLIGHT THURSDAY 11-30. SUPERROCK

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ansmithers AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: NIGHTLIGHT THURSDAY 11-30. SUPERROCK
  • Date: 27 Nov 2006 10:50:19 -0800

Hello,
We would like to invite you to a ROCK SHOW.

It is on Thursday (I know Thursday is bad and people have lots to
do...but do your work early and come to a rock show at 10:30 PM and you
will be home by 1:00 AM....I promise...).

The ROCK SHOW is at NIGHTLIGHT [405 1/2 W. Rosemary, in Chapel Hill].

The ROCK SHOW will include The PSYCHIC PARAMOUNT
http://thepsychicparamount.com/
{holy shit!!! former members of Laddio Boloko do
brain-blasting-burning-bodies-raging-riffage-pure-acid-energy-rock,
when people say "I am going to a rock show" they mean "I am going to
see the Psychic Paramount,"}

AND...I am still in shock they are playing at NIGHTLIGHT and playing
with us...
IN THE YEARofthePIG...

I must say even if you have seen us make our silly noise rock, I assure
you this will be our greatest performance ever and will live on in the
mythology of greatest shows ever, so make it so your future sounds like
this:
"Man...did you see that show?...."FUUUCK Yeah I DID!"

How can I assure you?
On this night Bear, Fox and Panda will be joined by two of the most
bad-ass musicians in the Triangle:
Dave Cantwell (of Cantwell Gomez and Jordan, The Whole World Laughing,
formerly of everything cool that has been played in Chapel Hill) on
drums...
Lincoln Sward (Armed to the Teeth, The Hem of His Garment, former
Rockets and Mortar) on bass....

that is correct...three animals + two humans + you and your friends =
two drummers + two basses + two keyboards + one guitar + some tasty
beverages = lots of nice people = a really good rock show.

Plus we promise to try really, really, really hard...

So please come and say hello and keep on giving support to the places
like Nightlight (DAT Politics all the way from FRANCE on Wednesday) and
Chaz's Bull City Records (a sad farewell to Joe and Jo's) and all the
places that do so much to artistically enrich and support the community
and tell the folks there thanks.

long message.
sorry.
come see the show.
yep.
we like you and think you are very special.
panda, fox, and bear

  • NIGHTLIGHT THURSDAY 11-30. SUPERROCK, ansmithers, 11/27/2006