ch-scene - [Fwd: Last Show @ Joe & Jo's Tonight!!]

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Fwd: Last Show @ Joe & Jo's Tonight!!]
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 16:04:21 -0500

In light of the N&O thingy about Jo maybe finding a buyer to maybe keep it more-or-less the same (given how packed it is everytime I go, I can't imagine why one would want to change it), maybe this won't really be the last-show-ever in the Ravioli Building, but it *will* be the last Joe&Jo's show:

From: Chaz Martenstein <bullcityrocks AT gmail.com>
Subject: Last Show @ Joe & Jo's Tonight!!

Hey Everyone!!

That's right. It's the saddest news Durham has heard in a long, long time.
This weekend will be Joe & Jo's last, no joke.
I, for one, am ridiculously heartbroken, but life goes on I spose.
Sadly, but it does.

TONITE, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17th.
10pm.
@ Joe & Jo's.

Tooth.
Chest Pains.
Feast Upon Thy Brother.

(punk/thrash/metal mayhem! what a party to close it out!)

TOMORROW, SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18th.
Opens @ 5pm. Closes @ 2am.
Then...fini.
Bye Joe & Jo's!! We love ya!
So come to this close out party!
I'm gonna go geek it up in Greensboro at JoAnna Newsom (I already bought
my ticket! sorry!), but I'm gonna make sure that I'll be back to town to
grab a couple last drinks!!

See ya there!!

  • [Fwd: Last Show @ Joe & Jo's Tonight!!], grady, 11/17/2006