ch-scene - Re: clarinet repair?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Darbro <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: clarinet repair?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 21:38:49 -0500

It's not Chapel Hill, but I do know that the Music Go Round in Cary has a
guy that comes in once a week or so to pick up band instrument repairs. As
they deal in used band instruments as well as "rock" instruments, the used
band gear they receive often needs repair before resale.

The new owner's name is John, and he's a really nice guy. He can probably
hook you up with a solution.

851-2252 - Music Go Round, Cary at Crossroads.

There's also a music store that sells band instruments in a strip-mall off
of Killdare Farm Rd. in the old Winn-Dixie Shopping Center at the corner of
Killdare Farm Rd. and Cary Parkway. I believe it is next to MacAllister's
Deli near the Subway and Baskin Robbins. Trader Joe's is opening up in the
old Winn-Dixie Space, and there's a banner on the building in case you are
driving by looking for it.

Sorry, I don't remember the name of the music store, but it is a Mom and Pop
type of place that can probably help as well.

Hope that helps.

- Kevin