ch-scene - Re: amp repair?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeremy Blair" <jerblar AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: amp repair?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:57:06 -0500

Aside from an anxiety rush you get from the sinfully sweet smell of
burning circuitry, yeah a smoking amp has little redeeming value.

I had these guys work on a couple of my amps;

Music Tech Services
3021-1 Stonybrook Dr
872-5119

They did some warranty work on a Yamaha mixer which is how I found
them. Did a great job but were a little slow. I also had them repair a
Peavy ecoustic guitar amp which I bought on craigslist for dirt. It
had multiple issues, they found and fixed them all which I thought was
pretty impressive. Now I have an $800 amp that I bought for $150 and
spent $125 repairing, which means I could sell it to a pawn shop for a
$100 loss.

As I was looking up the number for Music Tech I also found this guy.
From his web site it looks like he does work on Kustom:

Mad Science Works
919-341-4278
www.madscienceworks.com