ch-scene - Tonight 10.13.06 @ the Local 506

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: a rooster for the masses <adam AT aroosterforthemasses.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Tonight 10.13.06 @ the Local 506
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 04:17:58 -0700 (PDT)

The Sammies www.myspace.com/thesammies
a rooster for the masses www.myspace.com/aroosterforthemasses
Barbarella http://www.myspace.com/barbarellach

>From this weeks Indy--
"Charlotte's The Sammies don't get too complicated with their rock, opting
for the direct verse-chorus with a little foot-stomping that drives
everything. Raleigh's Rooster have a chip on their shoulder about today's
political quagmire, and express it in pointed songs fleshed out with jittery
guitar work. Barbarella's a new Chappie trio who claim Boris as a major
influence. Go figger. $6/ 10 p.m. —CT"

"A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll
never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing." - Muhammad Ali
http://aroosterforthemasses.com

  • Tonight 10.13.06 @ the Local 506, a rooster for the masses, 10/13/2006