ch-scene - Re: Crowmeat

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Darbro <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Crowmeat
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:25:19 -0400

This afternoon, I went to the bank (BB&T) on the other side of town to
deposit some checks and they had a huge cake and stack of cookies.

While munching a contaminated chocolate chip cookie, I asked them if they
were celebrating "Chemical Disaster Day", but no, it was just "Customer
Appreciation Day" and oddly, not many people showed up.

They explained to me that the downtown Apex branch (the main branch) was
supposed to have a hot-dog cookout today for "Customer Appreciation Day",
but somehow, that's not gonna happen now, as the only customers who could
attend the cookout would have to wear Haz-Mat suits.

And it's impossible to eat a contaminated hotdog through a Haz-Mat suit and
gas mask. I've tried.

So drop by the BB&T off 55 by the Super Target, and get some disaster cake
and cookies. You'll have to wait for the hot dogs until the authorities say
"dig in."

- Kevin