ch-scene - Bass player needed for Bull City

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: jim.brantley AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Bass player needed for Bull City
  • Date: 9 Aug 2006 08:50:37 -0700

I have a band called Bull City and we need a bass player (because
unfortunately our bass player is moving away). I'm hoping that the
right person will read this post, or that one of you reading this might
know of (and be able to refer me to) the right person.

If you're curious, here is a sneak peek at our debut "EP" (as if that
term applies to mp3s) that we recently completed:
http://www.bullcitytheband.com/recording/mixes

Those recordings are more representative of our "rock" side. I am very
bad at describing the music made by bands I'm in, but here's what (I
think) we're shooting for: a guitar-rock band with classic rock (Tom
Petty), pop (Beach Boys/High Llamas), and country rock (Flying Burrito
Brothers) leanings, that also offers a little art rock (Ticonderoga) in
appropriate (usually smaller) doses.

If you are interested (or know someone who may be), please go to
http://www.bullcitytheband.com and email me from there.

Thanks!
Jim Brantley

P.S. We're playing at the Durham Farmers' Market this Saturday, August
12 from 10 AM to noon, so come say hello.

  • Bass player needed for Bull City, jim . brantley, 08/09/2006