ch-scene - Re: Local 506 - August '06 Update

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <glennscottboothe AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 - August '06 Update
  • Date: 3 Aug 2006 09:40:46 -0700

Gorman wrote:
> Any chance that you might list what films you'll be showing? A little
> late now, but a showing of the rarely seen "cocksucker blues" might
> have gotten me through the gate last night.

Yeah, I'm trying to get around the legalities of showing movies by not
actually announcing the titles. I know other places do that, but it's
technically illegal. And 506 seems to have this knack for getting
busted when other places don't (hence, ours stricter membership policy
than other venues - thanks to a nice little fine from the Alchohol Law
Enforcement...) - glenn