ch-scene - Re: your help with local mp3s

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: a rooster for the masses <adam AT aroosterforthemasses.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: your help with local mp3s
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

That is pretty helpful, thanks for posting that link.

bendy <bendy AT duke.edu> wrote:

grady wrote:

> What on earth is wrong with plain old HTML?

http://www.43folders.com/2004/12/06/five-mistakes-band-label-sites-make/

In spite of how slow, crappy looking, generally cruddy myspace music is,
it's still more usable the the average band site, which partially
explains why it's taken off. The fact that you can quickly listen to
whole songs puts it miles ahead. Do unsigned bands really think giving
away a few full-length mp3s is going to eat into their royalties? Or
that mysterious navigation somehow captures the essence of the band?
Visitors to your website have taken an active interest in learning about
your band. Don't punish them!

- bendy

"A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll
never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing." - Muhammad Ali
http://aroosterforthemasses.com