ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[6.4]June06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[6.4]June06
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:46:33 -0700 (PDT)

Wednesday - 6/28 - Intro - Last week’s beach hotel/bikini
house music set has left some of us in the mood for _ ___ _ _ _____ __ _
_____ __ ___ _____. Electics, broken beat, downtempo, house and the Other
Thing for Linda. Music by Keith. 9p-midnight. Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave,
Midtown Raleigh

Wednesday - 6/28 - More patio action happens under the stars on the hill.
J.Sonel gracefully assembles downtempo and house beats and melodies for
simple lounging at the café. 8-midnight. Caffe Driade, 1215 E. Franklin St,
Chapel Hill - www.caffedriade.com

Thursday - 6/29 - Daliami - Mosaic is here and to inaugurate its first
beautiful week of existence is the area’s latest dj night. Daliami is a
weekly passage which peeps sights around the world. Like Natacha Atlas,
chillin with Los Amigos Invisibles, while eating sushi in Stockholm during a
Salif Keita performance. As is global sophistication, the music behind
Mosaic seeks to extend beyond our Glenwoodville borders; and to also connect
the dots between rhythms for a proper greeting to this new lounge and
dancefloor. 9p-1a. Music by Keith. Mosaic, 517 W. Jones, Midtown Raleigh -
www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Saturday - 7/1 - Warm Up - Doesn’t take much to warm in July, but the
monthly parties the museum throws definitely up the body temp. Fresh works
from emerging artists and a new funky outdoor installation treat eye and
mind. Meanwhile dancers kiss the sun as deep house music represents with the
return of Body & Soul (www.bodyandsoul-nyc.com). For NC locals, it’s worth
the trip. P.S. 1, Queens, NY, NY -
http://www.ps1.org/ps1_site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55

Also happening:
Wed - 6/28 - 2me (Alternative/Acoustic/Blues) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/29 - J.Sonel, 6-10p (downtempo/house) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/29 - Djs Joe Bunn & MarkT (hiphop/R&B) @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 6/29 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com

Thu - 6/29 - RAW w/LeMoore (house) @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 6/29 - 80s Night w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Fri - 6/30 - Elektrosole w/Keith, 6-10 @ Redroom (Raleigh)
Fri - 6/30 - Remix Project w/dJ Triple B @ Hi5 (Raleigh) -
www.theremixproject.com
Fri - 6/30 - Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Fri - 6/30 - NC Lounge International Party @ Sirens (Durham) -
www.sirenslounge.com
& www.myspace.com/nclounge
Fri - 6/30 - CONNECT w/dJs Urafiki & M.Marek @ Talullas (Chapel Hill)
Sat - 7/1 - dJ Allwayz @ Red Room (Raleigh)
Sat - 7/1 - After School Special (house/dance) w/dJs Uzi & Silvaback @
Fuse (Chapel Hill)
Sat - 7/1 - S.O.S & Merlin (hiphop/R&B) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sun - 7/2 - Neu Romance @ Kings (Raleigh)
Sun - 7/2 - Family (electronic/Dj night) @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel
Hill)
Mon - 7/3 - CoCo do Mundo w/J.Sonel, 7-11p @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Mon - 7/3 - Soul Psychedelique @ Dive Bar (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/soulpsychedelique
Mon - 7/3 - Duncan Sheik @ Raleigh Music Hall (Raleigh) -
www.raleighmusichall.com
Tue - 7/4 - Jazz at Bogart’s w/dJ Marco @ Bogart’s (Raleigh) -
www.solidsoundsystem.com
Tue - 7/4 - Green Room (variety show) @ Hi5 (Raleigh)
Tue - 7/4 - Tequila Tuesdays w/Allwayz @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Tue - 7/4 - ElectroBistro w/dJs M.Marek, guests (electronic) @ Fuse
(Chapel Hill)

Of Interest:
Movie: www.strangerswithcandythemovie.com
Music: Soul Fever - Simbad -
http://audio.dancetracksdigital.com/clips/38928.mp3
Music: Corinne Bailey Rae - www.corinnebaileyrae.com
Music: Four - Elizabeth Shepard Trio -
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF221071-01-01-02.mp3 & www.elizabethshepard.com
Music: Space Tranquil mixed by Jon Sa Trinxa - www.azuli.com
Music: Trafico - Think of One - http://www.crammed.be/thinkofone/
Restaurant: www.rivieraresto.com
Tour de France: http://www.letour.fr/index.html
Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3254488777215293198
World Cup Football: www.fifaworldcup.com

"Man has trouble being born and should spend the rest of his life
relaxing” (local saying in Montenegro)

http://mail.yahoo.com