ch-scene - Night of Bluegrass Tuesday night!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Aaron Freeman" <aaron AT redeyeusa.com>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Night of Bluegrass Tuesday night!
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:26:02 -0400

Night of Bluegrass Coming to The Library, Tuesday May 23rd

Tuesday May 23rd, The Library will be hosting three acts that we're really
excited about.

Sweet By & By - Chapel Hill bluegrass. Sweet By & By weaves captivating
three-part vocal harmonies and traditional instrumentation into old-time
bluegrass standards and contemporary originals. The result is a fresh take on
the all-female string band that is both pure and simple in its approach and
rich in its ultimate effect. http://www.myspace.com/sweetbyby

Mayhem String Band - Mississippi bluegrass. In a medium somewhere between
songcraft, vaudeville theatrics, blazing instrumental solos, comedy, and a
plain ole' good time the Mayhem String Band has a reputation like few other
bands. Drinking and bluegrass go hand in hand, so we suggest to do as your
ancestors did and start dancing. <http://www.myspace.com/mayhemstringband>

Dish - Florida folk. They're 2 brothers...one plays guitar and the other
plays "junk" (5 gallon buckets, pans, random metal, etc...). I know it sounds
hokey, but they're incredible. Some people within the industry are looking
them at and I think they're going to explode. www.myspace.com/dishtheband

Doors 8pm. Show starts at 9:30pm. As always, cover will be the lowest in
town, between 3-4 dollars for a night of great music.

<http://www.myspace.com/thelibrarychapelhillnc>
<http://www.libraryrocks.com/>

  • Night of Bluegrass Tuesday night!, Aaron Freeman, 05/22/2006