ch-scene - Fog, Bowerbirds and Tennis and the Mennonites -- Sat. 4/22 @ Duke Coffeehouse

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "qn_tran AT hotmail.com" <qn_tran AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Fog, Bowerbirds and Tennis and the Mennonites -- Sat. 4/22 @ Duke Coffeehouse
  • Date: 17 Apr 2006 13:27:05 -0700

Hey everyone--

Wanted to give a heads up about the last show of the school year for
the Duke Coffeehouse this Saturday (4/22) at 9:30 pm, $5. Here's the
line-up:

Fog (Lex Records) -- Used to be on Ninja Tune Records, and often
associated with hip-hop acts because he uses a wide variety of samples
/ beats to make a collage of sounds, but the result ends up sounding
more like strange folk-pop songs, perhaps like a more electronic
version of the Microphones / Mt. Eerie?

Bowerbirds -- New band from Ticonderoga's Phil Moore--super super
pretty songs, soft, lilting and lovely.

Tennis and the Mennonites -- Apparently the line-up has changed since I
saw them, but I'm sure it'll still be some good pop songs. They're
working on a new album I think so there'll also be some new songs in
the mix I think.

That's about it, I hope you all come!