ch-scene - Re: kevin shields?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: kevin shields?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:07:29 -0500

My impression from the photos at Kevin's MySpace page is that he's a lady:

http://www.myspace.com/kkevinsshields

A lady who makes HELLACIOUS fucking noise!

billy wrote:
i'm brand new to the list, so, sorry to kind of bumrush the whole
operation with a new topic / question, but i'm curious to know if
anybody's heard anything about the "kevin shields" show tonight at the
nightlight. i was just told about this yesterday and heard that it
was supposed to be the same guy from my bloody valentine doing some
interesting noise experiments. upon closer examination (see links
below), it seems as if this is an entirely different person using
kevin shields as a pseudonym and/or project name, though i can't find
anywhere that it is explicitly stated. does anybody have a definitive
answer? anybody know if it's worth going to see even if it isn't the
real deal?

thanks... and, uh, hello.

billy