ch-scene - re: best way to support bands

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: re: best way to support bands
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:53:26 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for posting! One idea would be to bring the
local acts to campus. Not to take away from Glenn,
but there's already an apparent issue with getting
students en masse to clubs. But what about having a
BYBBQ in the Cabaret (is it open yet?), maybe the
Great Hall or Union Auditorium? Early shows so the
kids can make it out to the clubs and bars is they
wanna.

I'll keep trying the CUAB folks.