ch-scene - Minutemaids Return/End

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: stablenet AT nc.rr.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Minutemaids Return/End
  • Date: 5 Feb 2006 19:11:41 -0800

When Glenn asked us to play Local 506 for the premier of "Jamming
Econo: The Story of the Minutemen," Joe, Angela and I thought it might
be fun to do our set in the ElectroClash stylee.
It promised to be a night of guitar rock, so we thought we'd bring the
circuits.

We thought we would have a laugh and call it a day, but then we were
asked to do it again.
So, why not? We had a great time.

We've added some new songs, and we still guarantee that there will not
be one guitar, bass or drum kit employed as we attempt to remove
anything resembling flannel from this SoCal workingman's punk rock.
Then we'll put it to bed for good and send Mike Watt a dozen roses.

This Thursday we'll take the stage before Eyes to Space and Girls on
Film.

If you guys are free, come on out.
Bring your pals - tell your friends - drag your mom along.

Don't forget your E's and glow sticks.

-Alex