ch-scene - Upcoming AV Geeks shows...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: avgeeks AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Upcoming AV Geeks shows...
  • Date: 29 Jan 2006 20:21:51 -0800

AV Geeks Greatest Hits
We present some of our finest films that feature really catchy/annoying
songs. Includes: Fun with Lines, Telezonia, Crash Bang Boom, Shake
Hands With Danger and more! Bring a friend! Door prizes. Suggested
Donation $3.
8:00pm, Tuesday January 31st, Kings 424 S McDowell Street, Raleigh, NC,
(919) 831-1005.

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)
A crazed scientist keeps his fiancee's head alive in this wacky sci-fi
film! FREE but show up early to get a seat and see a great short film
from the AV Geeks archive.
7:00pm, Friday February 3rd, NC Museum of Natural Sciences, 11 W. Jones
St. Raleigh, NC, (919) 733-7450

Troubled Teens
Teenagers are always getting into trouble - whether its hanging out
with the wrong crowd, dating, drinking or body odor.Bring a friend!
Door prizes.Suggested Donation $3.
8:00pm, Friday February 10th, Center for Documentary Studies, 1317 W.
Pettigrew Street, Durham
NOTE THE NEW DATE! 9:00pm, Thursday February 23rd, Bickett Gallery, 209
Bickett Blvd, Raleigh, NC (919) 836-5358

Sin and Redemption in Houston!
Spend your weekend with everybody's favorite educational film
collector, Skip Elsheimer of A/V Geeks, experiencing a night of
[hiccup] SIN followed by another of [amen] REDEMPTION. The first
thematic screening, "Drinky Drink," is at Saint Arnold Brewing Company,
proceeded by "Creepy Christian Cinema" at Aurora Picture Show. Tell
your friends!

Drinky Drink
Stop by Houston's greatest microbrewery, Saint Arnold Brewing Company,
for a screening of films about our love of alcohol and its positive and
negative effects. Titles include Alcohol is Dynamite, A Case for Beer,
Alco Beat, Curious Habits of Man, An Ounce of Prevention, and
Nightmare. Plus PSAs and commercials about the delights and evils of
alcohol!
7pm, Friday, February 17th, Saint Arnold Brewing Company, 2522 Fairway
Park Dr, Houston, TX (713) 686-9494

Creepy Christian Cinema
Churches have been using film to spread their message since the early
20th century. Of the thousands of films made for churches and
synagogues, the A/V Geeks have picked some of the strangest and
creepiest. Films include Youth Suicide Fantasy: Does Their Music Make
Them Do It?, Stalked, He Restoreth My Soul, PSAs and other odd
religious shorts.
8pm Saturday, February 18th, Aurora Picture Show, 800 Aurora, Houston,
TX (713) 868-2101

The Mouse Forgets...
What mouse are we talking about? How about that tiny mouse that started
as a small animation studio and has grown into an unstoppable media
goliath. While they've been releasing some of their less
entertaining/more ephemeral films on DVD, they've left some out. Shorts
like: VD Attack Plan, Story of Menstruation, Insects As Carriers of
Disease and more. Bring a friend! Door prizes. Suggested Donation $3.
8:00pm, Tuesday February 28th, Kings 424 S McDowell Street, Raleigh,
NC, (919) 831-1005.

Coming Soon:
Your Government: Friend or Foe - Films about the government and how we
have to be wary of its power.

C is for Communism - Films that introduce us to the scourge that is
communism.

The Power Behind The Nation - Films about the oil and coal industry and
its impact on our nation.

When Computers Were Young... - Films about the awkward beginnings of
computers and how they were going to change our lives.

Hope to see you soon!

Skip
www.avgeeks.com

To be added to the AV Geeks events list, email me at skip AT avgeeks.com

  • Upcoming AV Geeks shows..., avgeeks, 01/29/2006