ch-scene - Gutshot'n'Thirsty / Mt. Moriah / In the Year of the Pig **shows** please come

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ansmithers AT yahoo.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Gutshot'n'Thirsty / Mt. Moriah / In the Year of the Pig **shows** please come
  • Date: 24 Jan 2006 09:59:16 -0800

Hello,
I am announcing some rock shows.
I guess I am promoting them.
We are from here and we lurk and read this list everyday mostly, but we
only post shows...
Are we evil? Maybe...

Maybe you would like to come and say hello and tell us, it could be
nice times.

THREE SHOWS one Weekend for your convenience:

Friday Jan 27. @NIGHTLIGHT in Chapel Hill
Gutshot & Thirsty (from Athens)
http://www.southernloveprod.com/gutshot.htm
http://www.myspace.com/gutshot&thirsty
Mount Moriah (from here)
http://www.myspace.com/mountmoriah
+ one more

Sat. Jan 28. @Bickett Gallery in Raleigh (such a nice place to see
music, no smoke, nice folks, art and such on the walls...bring a
friend)
Gutshot & Thirsty
Mount Moriah

Sun Jan 29. @LOCAL 506 in Chapel Hill
Some Girls (from San Diego, some members of Locust, Plan to Blow
up....etc)
http://www.epitaph.com/artists/artist/182
I'm on Fire (Japanese Rock from the Triangle)
http://ncrtprock.fc2web.com/
In the Year of the Pig (triumphant noise from Chapel Hill)
http://www.southernloveprod.com/ityotp.htm
and a damn myspace http://www.myspace.com/intheyearofthepig

Gutshot and Thirsty are from Athens and make dark acoustic music, like
if Iron and Wine was from Texas and drunk and mean instead of from
Miami and high and nostalgic. They have a ukelele and a bass-jo. They
have a new vinyl LP called "Songs About Women and Dying" and it has
nice artwork and lovely sad songs.

Mount Moriah is still slow-core alt.country of sorts. It shares
members with In the Year of the Pig, which is neither slow-core or
alt.country, but the door guy at Reservoir liked our show last Tuesday
so that was nice...

thanks for your time,
we like you and think you are very special
intheyearofthepig AT yahoo.com

  • Gutshot'n'Thirsty / Mt. Moriah / In the Year of the Pig **shows** please come, ansmithers, 01/24/2006