ch-scene - 1/25: Language Arts + Outernational Live @ Wetlands

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: sonny AT outernational.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: 1/25: Language Arts + Outernational Live @ Wetlands
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:28:44 -0800 (PST)

This is going to be a GREAT show featuring local hip hop group Language
Arts (www.languageartsmusic.com) and NYC rebel rockers OUTERNATIONAL
(www.outernational.net).

Wednesday, 1/25
Wetlands Dance Hall
157 E. Rosemary St.
www.wetlandschapelhill.com
9:00PM, $6, 18+

What people are saying about OUTERNATIONAL:

"Outernational's music is as righteous as their politics. They have a rare
combination of talent, purpose, and a great sweat drenched live show,
uplifting and raw." Tom Morello (Audioslave, Rage Against The Machine)

"On November 2, 2005... It was a fired up, diverse crowd that grooved to
the excellent musicianship and furious lyrics of the genre-bending
Brooklyn quintet, Outernational..." Nick Turse (TomDispatch.com , LA
Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Village Voice)

"These boys are the next big thing, in my opinion. They are an incredible
mix of hip-hop, hard-rock, and world music. They mix politics and dance
music in the best way, much like The Clash did." Sxip Shirley (BBC Radio)

"I don't know how else to say it - these guys are the real deal. I think
back to the bands that inspired me over the years because they had
righteous lyrics and music to match, like The Clash, or Ozomatli, or the
Minutemen, and I gotta put Outernational right there with them. People are
still talking about them here in Greensboro. They are what music should be
for -- inspiring people to reach beyond the barriers, to create something
new, to make something better than the bullshit system we live in. I'm
convinced that after the revolution music is gonna be so much BETTER.
Outernational is leading the way!" Toxic Scott (Crimson Spectre,
Greensboro, NC)

"Outernational's music is simply an influence of culture's colliding to
represent the future. They're a young band with the energy, enthusiasm and
intelligence to represent the voice of a generation stuck between
corporate consumerism and manufactured wars. They're more than a band,
they're the truth. Pay attention to their trajectory, you can't afford not
to." Clyde Valentin (Former Editor of Stress Magazine; Executive Producer
of the Hip-Hop Theater Festival)

  • 1/25: Language Arts + Outernational Live @ Wetlands, sonny, 01/11/2006