ch-scene - New Robt Plant album

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "chasw" <chasw88 AT comcast.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: New Robt Plant album
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:33:55 -0800

I checked out his new CD, titled Mighty Rearranger, from my local library,
after reading about it in one of these newsgroups. Thanks. I've been a fan
of Plant ever since he struck out on his own after Led Zepplin. He's a sort
of pop singer, no question, but he crafts some very pleasing backup music.
He's kept the LZ sound alive, IMO.

This last one, copyright 2005, has 4 tracks on it that rise to the level of
Plant's best. I'm esp pleased to see him incorporate some very modern
guitar licks, e.g., looping and tracks played backwards. He's willing to
include long hypnotic instrumental passages and the international influences
are clear, e.g., a Morrocan Tar drum. The sum of those new things seems
vaguely familiar. In any event, I recommend this CD for anyone who likes
Robert Plant's music. Check you local library and make your own copy.
Support live music - CW

http://www.johnwinters.biz/listen.htm