ch-scene - FS: 1995 Gibson "Montana Master-built" J160e guitar

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Diggingrecords AT aol.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: FS: 1995 Gibson "Montana Master-built" J160e guitar
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:10:10 EST

Hello,

I own a 1995 Gibson J160e and am looking to pick up a second one from that
production period. Three months ago I purchased a brand new J160e. I'm
interested in purchasing yours or trading my 2005 new one for yours. Here
are the
differences between my new 2005 one and my older 1995 one:

1. Tone and Volume knobs:

The new one is appointed more precisely like the originals with the words
"volume" and "tone" written on the top of each of the respective knobs. The
1995
model amber volume knobs are tapered and don't are not tagged with words.

2. Headstock:

The new on has a wider headstock than the 1995 model.

3. Frets:

The new one has jumbo frets and the 1995 one has thinner frets.

4. Weight & sound:

The new one is a bit lighter, has more high end and less bottom end.

5. Pick ups:

I've installed both with a Fishman Transducer pickup under the bridge
because it sounds better than the electic pickup.

Please call me on my home/office line anytime day or night to discuss. I
live in the Chicago area.

Thanks,

Kevin
home/office: (708)301-0936