ch-scene - [Internationalist Books] NEW ARRIVALS!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Internationalist Books <ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist Books] NEW ARRIVALS!
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:31:50 -0500

Internationalist Books & Community Center
405 W Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
919-942-1740
http://internationalistbooks.org/

NEW ARRIVALS AT IBOOKS... courtesey of e.c.

The Neighborhood Story Project
http://www.neighborhoodstoryproject.org/
The Neighborhood Story Project works with New Orleans high school
students and their families to write about their lives and
neighborhoods. Students learn to write creative non-fiction and
vignettes, conduct in-depth interviews of family members and
neighbors, and take photographs. We have 4 of their books: Before
and After N. Dorgenois, Between Piety and Desire, The Combination and
What Would the World Be Without Women? Stories from the Ninth Ward.

Biodiesel Power
by Lyle Estill
Piedmont Biofuels' founder on the story of the biodiesel movement
http://www.biofuels.coop/

Dirty Found #2
Finds too dirty for Found Magazine!

Slingshot organizers (small square bound and larger spiral bound sizes)

Moleskine Pocket Notebooks
Perfect little italian-made notebooks, we currently have blank and
graph paper versions.

Monkeyluv : And Other Essays On Our Lives As Animals
by Robert Sapolsky

Xtra Tuf #5 The Strike Issue
by Moe Bowstern
Stories from a commercial fisherwoman in Alaska.

McSweeney's Quarterly Concern #17
Packaged to look like an ordinary bundle of mail, stacked and rubber-
banded, containing the usual items: a recent issue of Yeti
Researcher, a sausage-basket catalog, a flyer for slashed prices on
multi-user garments, a couple letters . . . the usual. Also: the
debut of a DVD quarterly, featuring never-before-seen work by Spike
Jonze and David O. Russell. Also: stories.

A Man Without A Country
by Kurt Vonnegut

Stolen Sharpie Revolution: Zine and DIY Resource Guide 3rd edition

Making Stuff and Doing Things
Kyle Bravo's collected HOW2 zines, covering gardening, making a
woodstove, solar box cooker, egg replacer, cooking ramen noodles in a
coffee maker, how to make wine, homebrewing, liberated lifestyles,
squats, homeschooling, fixing a toilet, etc.

The Penelopiad
by Margaret Atwood

What's My Name, Fool? Sports and Resistance in the United States
by Dave Zirin

Mushroom Girls Virus: A Guide to the Identification and Study of Our
Commoner Fungi with Special Emphasis on the Edible Varieties
by Deanne Cheuk
From the editor of Neomu magazine, a psychedelic meditation on
mushrooms and girls. Crazy embroidered cover, lush and pink.

The Republican War on Science
by Chris Mooney

  • [Internationalist Books] NEW ARRIVALS!, Internationalist Books, 11/16/2005