ch-scene - Table not the Chickens Young Idea

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: rdesena AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Table not the Chickens Young Idea
  • Date: 28 Oct 2005 05:51:35 -0700

Tonight at Slim's Downtown (227 S. Wilmington St, Raleigh). THE YOUNG
IDEA with TABLE. Table is Russ and from the Chickens, with Mike
Isenberg (Olympus Mons, Kolyma) on drums. Chickens fans note: this is
a new band with SOME elements of our former "work," and we have
"covered" one old song, though we've since retired it from set. We
still have some Flipper and Germs "influence," but there's maybe some
Black Sabbath and St. Vitus floating around the fringes of our current
work. Plus Tom has almost learned how to play bass. Some middle
period Black Flag is apparent, too, like MY WAR and SLIP IT IN. OK,
maybe we sound like Tad?!