ch-scene - Chaz's Bull City Records

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Chaz" <chiggston AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Chaz's Bull City Records
  • Date: 25 Oct 2005 21:26:50 -0700

Grand Opening - Saturday, November 12th - next to cosmic cantina in
durham, 1916 perry street, 27705.

my quick story - my name is chaz martenstein and i just moved to the
area by way of boulder, co. i'm originially from richmond, so a move
back to the east coast was necessary, and i dug durham.
i've given up working for other people and i'm tired of racking my
brain over what albums i can and cannot stock, so...it's time to open a
record shop of my own, small of course, but enough. a place where i can
maintain, what i feel, is a decent stock and appearance and not have to
worry about pleasing bosses, just the customers.

WHAT YA GOT?
punk, soul, rock'n'roll, indie, garage, doowop, outlaw country, i'll
try and carry a bit of everything. whatever makes ya smile...
special order it if ya don't see it, i can get pretty much anything,
even if i have to scour back alley websites and auctions, i actually
have a lot of fun doin that.

there'll also be couches, zines, art on the wall, movie screenings,
music listening nights, whatever else we can think of for fun, we'll
do.

SELLERS
i'm currently buying used cds, lps, 45s and whatever else, mon.-fri., 1
to 5. or whenever the door is open (the one in the middle of the white
building directly to the right of cosmic off of 9th). i'll do house
calls for large collections too.

BANDS
all you bands out there, i'm opening this small 1100sqft. space as a
community and show space as well, til i'm told to stop anyway. so if
you're from around here or coming through the area, by all means,
contact me, i'll set ya up.

i'm looking for bands to play for the opening and future shows, contact
me and we'll work something out.

ALL YOU KIDS OUT THERE
come on out. it'll be fun.

CONTACT ME