ch-scene - Re: Torch in Herald Sun

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Torch in Herald Sun
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:46:11 -0400

Don't you need a business license to peddle a bike in Durham?

This is the first & last time I'm going to mention this, but I've begun making my weekly local-music show at WXDU available as an oggcast -- RSS file here: http://www.trianglerock.com/audio/trianglerock-oggcast.rss

I mention it only because I played 3 tracks from the Downtown Durham comp (it's called "Rockin' The Blocks") at various points during this week's show, including the Torch's sassy number, as well as Erie Choir's song about Pan-Pan and the Sames' song about the long-gone Lakewood amusement park.

Or you can wait until Monday at which point the comp will be on playlist at WXDU and then you can call & request it like a normal non-dorky human being.

xo

Ross

Jeffrey Herrick wrote:
There is a picture of Torch Marauder on the Herald Sun
website http://heraldsun.com/ and probably in the
print version too.
The article is about our hero's participation in a
compulation CD produced by Downtown Durham Inc. as a
giveaway at its annual meeting.

Jeff