ch-scene - Re: For Sale: freakin' adorable Durham house

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: bendy <bendy AT duke.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: For Sale: freakin' adorable Durham house
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:35:46 -0400

Still adorable, and there's an open house 2-4PM on Sunday, October 9th.

bendy wrote:
My house is for sale. 2308 University Drive, Durham. Three bedrooms, two full baths, 1500 square feet. It's a 1935 bungalow/cottage that had a big kitchen and bedroom added onto the back around 1950. We used that big master bedroom as an office. Lots of closet space, especially for an old house. There's a ton of storage in the attic. $185,000.

No pictures on the MLS yet, so I stuck some on flickr

MLS Number: 823415

http://www.flickr.com/photos/durhambungalow

Walk to Pao Lim and Q-Shack and all that. Walk to Forest Hills Park, and Rockwood park. Quick hop in the car to Duke, and not to bad to get to RTP, 'cause Cornwallis is right around the corner.

We've lived there for four and half years, and redone just about everything. All of this stuff is less than five years old: roof, heating and air conditioning, sewer main out, gas line in, all windows, hardwood floors refinished, fenced-in brick patio, new ceramic floors in kitchen and halls, dishwasher, gas range, a lot of the plumbing and electrical outlets. Also, the city did a total lead abatement project on the house, so even though it's old, it's ready for toddlers who mistake paint chips for tasty snacks. We've also tried to perserve alot of the old details in the house: interesting red linolium in the kichen and dining room, mosaic tile and built-in medicince cabinet in the bath, etc.

Yep, you can buy my house off me and make me a happy person, since paying for the next one is contingent on selling this one. Yep, that punk-rockin' dude in Blackstrap subscribes to Martha Stewart Living.

More questions? email me at bendy [at] lostpla.net.

Bendy