ch-scene - SF band TARTUFI - needs booking help!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "simoneg" <sainte7 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: SF band TARTUFI - needs booking help!
  • Date: 28 Sep 2005 11:47:23 -0700

Hi Guys-
This is Simone from the SF band TARTUFI. People describe us as a
female Beach Boys meets a more melodic Sonic Youth. We've got Oct.
11th open to play Chapel Hill. Here's the booking email we've been
sending out. Please call 415.672.0619 or email tartufirock AT hotmail.com
if you can help!!! We need ideas on other good clubs to hit up for this
date and any help or connections you might have locally. Best,

Simone Grudzen
:: T A R T U F I ::
http://www.tartufirock.net

-----------------------------
Hi there -

I am writing to you in regards to San Francisco band TARTUFI booking an
October show at Local 506 as part of their East Coast Tour.

We have heard nothing but great things about your club and you come
highly recommended by friends from the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area and a
number of fellow San Franciscans (Erase Errata, Boyskout, Film School).

Tartufi has catapulted to the CMJ Top 100 for the past couple of months
which has ignited a quickly materializing East Coast College and Club
tour. Tartufi shows are a high energy fireball of excitement and
musical talent. San Francisco's Bay Guardian has voted Tartufi the best
live show in San Francisco.

Attached you will find TARTUFI's one sheet and please reference their
website: http://www.tartufirock.net for press, full songs, photos.
Also, be sure to check out their latest & stunning music video,
"Blackout".

Do you have any open slots on 10/10 or 10/11? I noticed that Matt Pond
PA is playing the club on October 11th and there is no opener listed.
I feel confident that Tartufi would be a great match for Matt Pond PA
and would fit in well with the band's style and listeners. We are in
talks with a couple of places in the area and need to secure the date
as soon as possible.

The band has many friends and supporters in NC and the Raleigh/Chapel
Hill area and is very much looking forward to playing Local 506. As
soon as a date is set, we can get started on promoting the show through
a local street team, press, as well as online. Thanks in advance for
anything that you can do to help make this happen.

We are speaking with a couple other clubs about a Tartufi/NC show so
the sooner you could get back, the better. Thanks and hope to talk
soon,

Simone Grudzen / Lynne Angel
Thread Records
TARTUFI
http://www.tartufirock.net
San Francisco, CA
415-722-0370

  • SF band TARTUFI - needs booking help!, simoneg, 09/28/2005