ch-scene - Saludos Compay in Saxapahaw this Saturday/ Artists' Meeting October 1st

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: heather lagarde <heather AT barnstarvintage.com>
  • To: Tom LaGarde <tomlagarde AT bellsouth.net>
  • Subject: Saludos Compay in Saxapahaw this Saturday/ Artists' Meeting October 1st
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:22:40 -0400

SAXAPAHAW RIVERMILL
SATURDAYS IN SAXAPAHAW
Farmer’s Market & Historic Mill Tours Free Outdoor Concert
This Week Featuring
Saludos Compay
‘Saludos Compay’ means ‘greetings, friend’, but to anybody listening to Saludos Compay it also means fun, joy, exuberance... When this trio starts to play it's impossible to remain seated." Playing traditional as well as contemporary and original Latin American music, Saludos Compay takes the audience on a musical tour from Cuba to Brazil to Colombia, Chile, Venezuela and the Caribbean. Come on by and bring your dancing shoes! www.saludoscompay.com
BRING A PICNIC, TOUR THE MILL AND ENJOY SOME GREAT MUSIC ALL IN THE SPIRIT OF A BEAUTIFUL DAY BY THE RIVER!
www.rivermillvillage.com

Farmer’s Market Historic Mill Tour Outdoor Concerts
4:00-7:00 5:00-6:00 6:00-8:00
SAXAPAHAW NEWS:
We're lining up the band schedule for the extended season running through October 29th(Memphis is coming back!) -the schedule should be on the website later this week. In addition to Saturdays in Saxapahaw in October there will be a Harvest Moon Paddle on the 17th - Oktoberfest the 29th with a bunch of bands and we're hoping to put together an art show the same week. See the call for artists meeting October 1 below.

SAXAPAHAW RIVERMILL
CALL FOR ARTISTS.
The Saxapahaw Rivermill is having an open meeting for artists interested in future studio space and art events on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1 at 2:00 in Saxapahaw.

With the Rivermill Apartments, Lofts and Townhomes almost complete in the lower renovated former cotton mill on the Haw River, plans are now underway to evaluate the upper mill spaces, including a significant portion which will be dedicated to future artist studios. We'd like your input regarding level of interest, and ideal design concepts for the layout of the artist spaces. Saxapahaw is a beautiful old town on the banks of the Haw River with a vibrant and growing community including artists, environmentalists, musicians, and farmers. It is located less than 15 minutes from Chapel Hill, Pittsboro and Graham. (Visit www.rivermillvillage.com for maps and directions)

Additionally, to mark the opening of the Saxapahaw Rivermill, Saxapahaw will be holding a series of events in late October along with our ongoing Saturdays in Saxapahaw series - Farmer's Market, Mill Tours and weekly Outdoor Music Concerts. The additional events will include a special Harvest Moon Paddle, and an Oktoberfest Festival. We'd like to consider an Art Showing as part of the festivities and this will be on the agenda October 1st.

Following the October 1st meeting, artists are welcome to spend the afternoon in town for the Farmer's Market, Mill Tours and Band.

Please help spread the word to the Art community!
We'd really like to make a place that is welcoming and inspiring to Artists.
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.
To RSVP and for more information please contact Heather LaGarde. Tel 336 376 5694 email: heather AT barnstarvintage.com

- HEATHER LAGARDE
336 376 5694 heather AT barnstarvintage.com_

  • Saludos Compay in Saxapahaw this Saturday/ Artists' Meeting October 1st, heather lagarde, 09/23/2005