ch-scene - Re: one in september

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Melissa Adams" <mel AT pressgangrocks.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: one in september
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:32:52 -0400

To add to Sara's post, not only do you get to enjoy the lovely sounds of our
Regina Hexaphone friends Wed. nite, you will get the rare chance to see
Palaxy Tracks -- an amazingly good yet rather unknown band.

Originally from Austin, they moved to Chicago a few years ago and haven't
played much outside the area. Brandon Durham writes beautiful showgazery
biographical ballads that bring to mind words like "shimmer", "luminescent",
"fragile", "soaring" and basically make me feel like Spacement 3 makes me
feel.

Melissa

PS - www.bandtogethernc.org - I know Ross posted earlier but wanted to
remind eveyone that Tres Chicas, Two Dollar Pistols, Hobex, Arrogance, Six
String Drag and others are playing music all day on Sunday at the Lincoln
Theatre to benefit hurricane disaster relief. 100% of proceeds go the the
Food Bank who is directing funds to hurricane victims in both the Gulf Coast
and NC. There will be lots going on, a speech my Raleigh's Mayor Meeker and a
music raffle (guitars is what I heard, from Fat Sounds) so please support the
effort if you can.