ch-scene - Ghostly Internat'l tonight @NIGHTLIGHT, plus ex-Black Eyes tommorow

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ryan AT dyss.net
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Brown Acid <mholland101 AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Ghostly Internat'l tonight @NIGHTLIGHT, plus ex-Black Eyes tommorow
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 17:02:58 -0500

Tonight we're hosting a party with our friends from Ghostly Internat'l &
Shinkoyo::::: Wednesday, August 3rd:

SKELETONS & GIRL FACED BOYS = knotty-funk / electro-avantpop creeps

FA SHE =weird rumblings / ceremonial noise from costumed freaks

TWINE = abstract IDM w/musique concrete and electroacoustic leanings

DJs MOTHERSBROTHERS = your hump day party-starters

A little something for everyone???

Another opportunity for body-moving and/or floor-writhing

We're starting this at 10PM / it's five dollars

++++++++NIGHTLIGHT+++++++++ 405 1/2 W. Rosemary st Chapel Hill

+++++++++++++++++++
http://www.ghostly.com
http://www.shinkoyo.com
http://www.twinesound.com
http://www.frequenc.net

PLUS, this just came together at the last minute, some of you might be
interested:

+++Thursday 4 August+++

Sentai - Dischord Family spazz-punk w/synth loops, members of Black Eyes

La Mi Vida Violenta - amazing seven piece art/punk/jazz from MA

Plus Handfed Babies.

Ah yes.

Show starts at 10PM / 3 or 5 dollars

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also this week:

Friday 8/5 - Ed Gray / Mount Moriah - one man country-western band /
noisemaker, local folks singing sad pretty songs with that pastoral feel -

Sat 8/6 - Essie Jain / Vibrant Green / Optic / Sons of Suburbia.
singer-songwriter night. Essie's speaking voice puts me into a trance.

Sun 8/7 - Rotten Milk vs. Bubblegum Shitface / HTEETH / Planecrash / maybe one
more.
Chicago's bizarre Terry Plumming label delivers unto us: Rotten Milk brought
the heat when he played here last w/ExtremeAnimals and Boner Machine - this
time he and a friend will be playing clock radios and cymbals w/finesse, with
noise, shrieking and startling balladeer flourishes. HTEETH are from out of
town and build their own electronic instruments. Planecrash is local artist
Stew Sineath's audio-visual disaster. We love this stuff! Don't miss!

+N+I+G+H+T+L+I+G+H+T+