ch-scene - Re: Stuff to Do, Week of July 29, 2005

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT earthlink.net
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to Do, Week of July 29, 2005
  • Date: 2 Aug 2005 22:46:46 -0700

Funny, this show kinda came about over a year ago when their booking
agent was booking Bobby Bare Jr, and the subject of the email just said
'BBJ' - when I replied, I told him that for a second I thought he was
booking Brian Jonestown Massacre (aka BJM) - at which point he let me
know that he also booked them. I told him I had to have their next
show as I"ve been a fan for years.

If you're planning on attending, advance tix are highly recommended.
Both 506 and CD Allley have sold out of their allotment, there were
still some at Schoolkids as of Monday and there are some left at
etix.com. But I expect these all to sell before doors open on Friday.

Interestlingly enough, their last show at the Cradle a few years back
was not that well-attended. Fuck albums, make an interesting movie -
that's how you get people to your shows. Why didn't everybody learn
that with 'A Hard Days Night'?...glenn