ch-scene - [Internationalist Books] EVENTS: The ReCyclery, Report on the G8...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Internationalist Books <ibooks AT internationalistbooks.org>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist Books] EVENTS: The ReCyclery, Report on the G8...
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:35:56 -0400

*THIS* WEDNESDAY, JULY 27 - THE RECYCLERY @ INTERNATIONALIST, 7pm

Join us the for second installment of series 'Against the Grain: Networking Local Alternatives' with a presentation by the newly re-opened ReCyclery Wednesday. [For more information about this series please see below.]

The ReCyclery is a local bicycle resource center where people share skills, stories, and life in an effort to provide free, sustainable transportation in our community. The non-profit organization based out of Carrboro receives donated and abandoned bicycles and parts and works with members of the community to to repair and create "new" bikes. They wish to promote more bike-riding as primary means of transportation, and consequently sustainability and self-sufficiency.

*TUESDAY, AUGUST 2 - REPORT BACK FROM THE G8 SUMMIT & THE MIDDLE EAST SOCIAL FORUM, 7pm*

Next Tuesday at 7pm, Vinci Daro will speak at Internationalist Books, reporting back on this month's G8 Summit in Scotland as well at the Middle East Social Forum.

AGAINST THE GRAIN: NETWORKING LOCAL ALTERNATIVES

Chapel Hill and the surrounding areas are filled with organizations, groups and businesses that are experimenting with, and practicing alternative ways of living on a daily basis. Whether as a collective bookstore, a cooperative living community, bio-fuel collectives, or experiments in public television, we are all working to make the world a better place, not only through protest and opposition, but through different ways of going about our daily lives and work.

The Internationalist bookstore would like to invite anyone interested—and specifically those who are already part of, or identify with, such movements and projects—to join us as we begin a monthly series in which local groups will be invited to share and exchange ideas based on our diverse experiences, hopes and knowledge.

*P.S.*
Thank you to everyone (especially the folks at the Hillsborough Coop) who put on this weekend's Carrboro Skill Share. We need some more of that goin' on. ;)

  • [Internationalist Books] EVENTS: The ReCyclery, Report on the G8..., Internationalist Books, 07/25/2005