ch-scene - BackporchRevolution.com -- official site launch!

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: country marxist <countrymarxist AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: BackporchRevolution.com -- official site launch!
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:32:48 -0500

Comrades!

After a long deep breath, the Backporch Revolution
collective/label is now fully online, with many different (mostly New
Orleans) ambient, electronica, drone, psychedelic and
electro-acoustic/experimental music. And some other things, past and
present, that don't quite fit any of those, and may not even be from
New Orleans, but we think are cool.

As a collective (and a disorganized one at that) we are more interested
in sharing what we think is cool music, not just with each other as
musicians but with the community of people who appreciate this kind of
music. To that end, there are 3 brand new incredible albums in their
entirety that can be downloaded for free as mp3s, and many other albums
have (or will soon have) their best selections to download. (Other
albums may be purchased in CD-R or CD formats on each release's page.)

With no further ado, the URL: http://www.backporchrevolution.com

Here's what you'll find on the site...

***** BRAND NEW releases from *****

TIME PROMISES POWER: Now the Gentle Bull (BPR-012)
trippy electronica featuring alec of chef menteur and dan of
smoke&smoke/godheadSilo
mp3 album -- download the ENTIRE album for free!

TRIUMPH OF LETHARGY SKINNED ALIVE TO DEATH: Drunk on the Blood of
Saints and Martyrs (BPR-013)
featuring spencer of murder city devils, smoke&smoke
The "lost album" -- finally available, available for FREE download!
ToLSAtD is now on tour opening for Modest Mouse

KING GHIDORAH (self titled) (BPR-011)
Debut release featuring potpie and jim & alec from chef menteur --
heavy guitar drone for fans of Earth, etc.

*****SUPER-MOD EXCITING RE-RELEASE*****

ELECTRICAL SPECTACLE: "Mood Modulation" EP (BPR-014)
Long out-of-print, this re-release is (for now, at least) MP3-only, so
if you weren't able to get it before (or burn it off a friend), get it
here!

*****COMING SOON*****

The BUTTONS' debut CD -- sometime in July!

PLUS: several new exciting projects, we'd tell you but we'd have to
kill you. There will be lots more music to download, and a radio stream
and/or jukebox later this summer.

*****ALSO AVAILABLE*****

Chef Menteur, potpie, others.... CD's and mp3s.

http://www.backporchrevolution.com

  • BackporchRevolution.com -- official site launch!, country marxist, 07/06/2005