ch-scene - Re: Modest Mouse @ Raleigh Convention Center

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Modest Mouse @ Raleigh Convention Center
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:05:04 -0400

I saw Danzig there once. He had this elaborate skull-shaped drum riser & a bunch of crazy lights and stuff, but something about the way the venue was rigged meant that he could only actually use half of it, and it was all mounted really low to the stage. Plus they'd sectioned the seating area off with these big curtains, I guess to make it seem less obvious that he hadn't packed the place, but that just seemed to make it more obvious that he hadn't packed the place.

It reminded me a lot of seeing Weird Al Yankovic at the Greenwood SC Civic Center in like 1983.

Then again, I saw Modest Mouse at the Cradle a few years ago, and they were kinda boring there, too.

Ross

qcompson1 AT gmail.com wrote:
worst show ever. sounded like they were playing in a high school
gymnasium. highly disappointing.