ch-scene - Véronique Diabolique at Local 506 May 29

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Fikri Yucel <fikri_y AT yahoo.com>
  • To: chapel hill scene <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Véronique Diabolique at Local 506 May 29
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

SUNDAY
May 29, 2005
10pm
@ Local 506 in Chapel Hill

zZz (Amsterdam)
Véronique Diabolique (Durham)
glissade (Greensboro)

Greensboro's glissade opens the show with their swirly
guitar fest. If Kevin Shields (My Bloody Valentine)
travelled back to the early 1970's and had babies with
Brian Eno, their kids would grow up to be glissade.
Arrive by 10pm to see their whole show or you'll be
sorry.

Durham's own Véronique Diabolique continue to spread
their gloomy magic, armed with vinyl, leather, latex,
and eyeliner. Yes, they sing la musique gothique en
français, but even francophobes can sing along with
the chorus of "La Honte."

Amsterdam's zZz is a dynamic duo with drums, organ and
doom-laden vocals that sound like an unholy, undead
union of Ian Curtis and Jim Morrison. They will
headline the show. Their frenetic energy is
converting fans on both sides of the Atlantic.

http://www.soundofzzz.nl/
http://www.veroniquediabolique.com
http://www.myspace.com/glissade
http://www.local506.com

Please join us for a night of splendid noises.

Merci,

Dominique, Didier, Solange, et Jean-Luc Diabolqiue