ch-scene - Re: Durahm rentals

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: rick sawyer <rickbang AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Durahm rentals
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:22:56 -0400

the clause is illegal. in fact, a number of the clauses in Bob
Schmitz lease contracts are illegal. consult NC renter's consumer
guides such as:

http://www.ncdoj.com/DocumentStreamerClient?directory=CPTipAlert/&file=Landlord-tenant%20booklet.pdf
http://communityhousing.duke.edu/CHO/guide/legal.htm#Dispute

as a landlord, schmitz is "hands off," which is fine if you live in a
property in good repair.

he's sort of a slumlord.

r.