ch-scene - The Grand Tour @ Wetlands tonight 5/20

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com" <uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: The Grand Tour @ Wetlands tonight 5/20
  • Date: 20 May 2005 08:20:32 -0700

Sorry for the late notice. We're just beginning to ramp up this
monthly at Wetlands Dancehall called "The Grand Tour". The purpose is
to highlight various facets of the club scene. Think of this as an
extension of Family (for the uninitiated, family is the longest running
electronic weekly in the Triangle--five years come December). We plan
on having out-of-state talent guest beginning in July. Any dj's
interested in playing should contact me at this email address.

Tonight's "Tour" consists of the following players:

Saf1 (House)
Sleazy McQueen (House)

Heavy Petting (Discopunk*)

Discopunk is the highlight for tonight. Dj Silvaback and myself rarely
get to play as a team with this style of music. Discopunk tends to
break a lot of the "rules" in current standards. It's hip hop, it's
rock', it's techno, it's whatever... If you have ever heard a mix by
Erol Alkan or Dj Hell or Mylo or even the Rapture, then you'll get the
idea. Some folks call it Electroclash or punk or "new wave" house but
that's not entirely correct. Certainly, you can come out tonight and
see for yourself what it is...

The Grand Tour
Tonight 5/20/05
10pm
Wetlands Dancehall
157 E Rosemary St (Main level, above Hell)
Chapel Hill

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

  • The Grand Tour @ Wetlands tonight 5/20, uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com, 05/20/2005